Class Meetings for Parents
Mrs Francis and Mrs Hindle will be holding a class meeting for parents/caregivers early in the year where more details about the classroom, school policies and procedures will be discussed. You will be advised of the time and date soon after school resumes.
These meetings are important and give you an opportunity to meet the teachers and other parents. Being involved and taking an interest in your child’s education play a big part in your child achieving success while at school.
All parents and grandparents are invited to be on parent help. The class teacher will notify parents when the parent roster will begin. Parent rosters give you the opportunity to work and play alongside your child and to assist with preparation tasks. Please add your name to the roster.
- Join in the activities with the children.
- Assist with indoor / outdoor activities.
- Assist children to wash and dry hands.
- Clean tables, glue, paint brushes and equipment at the end of activities.
You can assist your child by getting fully involved in his or her learning. You can assist in the following ways:
- Become a classroom parent helper in our classroom.
- Read message boards and all messages sent home.
- Discuss any information with us that will help us to understand your child better.
- Ensure your child gets adequate sleep.
- Read, read and read again with your child.
- Talk to your child about their day
- Encourage your child to be independent and try new things.
- Praise your child’s efforts.